Sometimes you simply need to make a fast, simple recipe that tastes good, pleases everybody, and would not require a variety of substances. This roasted carrot unfold is the right dish to take to a celebration or to have available as a fast snack for the children.
It’s additionally a tasty solution to get extra servings of veggies into your day! Carrots are wealthy in beta-carotene and different nutritional vitamins (1), wealthy in antioxidants (1) and wealthy in soluble fiber that has been proven to sluggish the absorption of sugars and starches and feed your pleasant intestine flora (2).
Try my easy seed crackers for if you’re within the temper for one thing savory and crunchy that is additionally wholesome and scrumptious.
Roasted Carrot Spread
Yield: 4 servings
You will want: measuring cups and spoons, meals processor or blender, rubber spatula, chopping board and knife, baking tray and parchment paper
Key: T = Tablespoon; teaspoon = teaspoon
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus 2 T
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 T recent parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup of water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread the carrots on the baking tray and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 35-45 minutes till tender and frivolously browned.
3. Add carrots, garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, paprika, parsley, almonds and remaining 2 T olive oil to a meals processor and pulse till nicely blended. Slowly add the water and blend till easy.
4. Top carrot dip with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of chopped parsley if desired.
This versatile recipe works as a pizza topping, as a dip for greens or crackers, as a sandwich unfold or you possibly can simply eat it with a spoon! To take pleasure in — and let me know what you assume within the feedback beneath!
Having a plan makes planning simple!
If you want having your recipes thought out for you prematurely (with the purchasing listing already made), take a look at my wholesome meal plans (together with vegetarian choices and gluten- and dairy-free recipes which might be simple to adapt)!
- Sharma, Krishan Datt et al. “Chemical composition, functional properties and processing of carrot – a review.” Journal of Food Science and Technology full. 49.1 (2012): 22-32. doi:10.1007/s13197-011-0310-7 Web. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3550877/
- Slavin, Joanne. “Fiber and Prebiotics: Mechanisms and Health Benefits.” Nutrients full. 5.4 1417-35. Apr 22, 2013, doi:10.3390/nu5041417 Web. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3705355/
The submit Roasted Carrot Spread appeared first on The Betty Rocker.