It is an abnormality of the bone and smooth tissues within the foot. An enlargement of the bony a part of the heel the place the Achilles tendon inserts causes this situation. The smooth tissue in the back of the heel can turn out to be irritated when the massive, bony bump rubs in opposition to stiff sneakers. Haglund’s deformity is a symptomatic osseous protrusion of the posterolateral angle of the calcaneus, leading to posterior heel ache and swelling across the insertion of the heel. Achilles heel.
- High Arc In excessive arches, the heel is tilted again into the Achilles heel (due to the insertion on the calcaneus). A bony protrusion develops and the bursa turns into infected from the fixed irritation of the again of the heel bone from rubbing in opposition to the tendon.
- weight problems – There is the next probability of creating Haglund’s in people who find themselves chubby. More usually, folks will develop a Haglund deformity in each heels.
- Frequent stress on the again of the heel – Haglund’s deformity happens when common stress is positioned on the again of your heels.
- carrying tight sneakers – It could be attributable to carrying sneakers which can be too tight or too stiff within the heel.
- Rear heel pad- Heel cushion protects the heels by relieving extreme heel stress from ulcers and bedsores and likewise aids of their restoration accidents
dr. P. Senthil Selvam, PhD
Professor & HOD, School of Physiotherapy, VISTAS, Chennai.
Dr.D. Hepzibah Rubella, MPT (Ortho)
Researcher, School of Physiotherapy, VISTAS, Chennai.
Vels Institute for Science, Technology & Advanced Studies (VISTAS)